My Mission with this Blog

On any given day your mood can change 1000's of times. In my constant effort to make GOD first I struggle with my mood and attitude just like everyone else. My goal is to share some uplifting words and stories with you all to help you stay on an even keel. I look forward to your continued support.

Slide with the A-Team

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Time Management in Coastal Vacations

How much time should you put into your business? That is a question im asked on a daily basis. My answer is always the same. I answer it depends on your own schedule. The single mom or dad that works the night shift is totally different than the stay at home parent with school age kids. The first thing that you must establish is what is comfortable for you. I do have one rule of thumb 50% of you business time should be used on prospecting new clients. Now again this is my opinion and many will disagree on the numbers but this is what has worked for me.Time is relative and productivity is more important. A seasoned veteran in Coastal might spend less time on the phone prospecting as they have a few advantages. They might have a team bringing them training sales. They also might have learned more effective advertising methods. They also might have a broader referral base. Id stick with the 50% rule of thumb. The other 50% need to be broken into a few other areas. Training is a big one. By training I include learning testimonials by getting on live calls, getting in your back office, reading trade magazines and publications and spending time with your director is they have training calls. Many people focus too much on the training or the theoretical as I call it and not the practical. Remember we are in business to make money and while training is needed most of our efforts should be placed on the money making activities. That 50% that we spend outside of prospecting must be productive. The goal of that time should be to make us better at the prospecting that we do. Take a look at your business right now. How is your time broken down. Are you spending your time on all of our training calls and counting that all the time you are running your business. As I listen to our daily calls I make it my business to take as many notes to use later when im making my own calls. This is always needed. I am growing all the time. If I dont have someone on the call then I spend the first 1/2 hr of the call making prospecting calls myself. Then I jump on to hear the testimonials so I have more ammunition as I prospect. Make a true gameplan for yourself and start it out with a schedule that fits your lifestyle and your needs. If you can do that you are on the way to having all you want out of Coastal.

Adam Frederick
http://www.ateamfuntime.info
302 476 2753

1 comment:

tti said...

Hi

I read this post two times.

I like it so much, please try to keep posting.

Let me introduce other material that may be good for our community.

Source: Time management training

Best regards
Henry